Place vs. Region

Today we learned the difference between place and region. Region refers to an area while place is a specific point. Each place on Earth is unique and in other ways similar. The interplay between the uniqueness and similarities lies at the heart of geographic questioning about why things are found where they are. We had to copy a paragraph for notes and we went over the maps that we did for homework last night. For mine, Mr. Schick said that I was very detailed with America and for my second one I covered two pages but only on the left side. That grade actually surprised me because I thought my maps were very bad, but I'm happy with the grade I got so what I did was good. Mr. Schick almost gave us a test on the information we just copied down but I said that we needed to study but in the end he was just trying to inspire us to do our best.  We were even allowed to do our blogs at the end of class so this was a very awesome human geography class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exam prep

Test vs. No Test

Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo (artists, not Ninja Turtles)