Another day

Today I western civ I didn't get to do much because I had a nosebleed. So I was in the nurse's office for the majority of class. When I came back we were talking about Greek gods and goddesses. Some of the gods and goddesses we talked about were Poseidon, Aphrodite, and Demeter. Poseidon was the god of the sea. Aphrodite was the goddess of love and beauty. Demeter was the goddess of corn and grain. Then we started to talk about Sparta and how they are trained to be soldiers once they are seven years old. We also talked about a ship called the Trireme. This ship was a technological marvel. It had three levels and could seat 170 men on the boat. This ship could also be used as a battering ram and could poke holes in enemy ships.  Mr. Schick had a wooden version of the Trireme which was really cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exam prep

Test vs. No Test

Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo (artists, not Ninja Turtles)