Day all about notes

Today in western civ Mr. Schick wasn't feeling well so our task was to get some notes from the textbook, copy them down, and transcribe them into our blog. Some of the things I learned from the book was about the phalanx. This was a fearsome fighting formation used a lot in Ancient Greece. I had learned about this at my previous school but now I'm diving deeper into it. I also learned more about democracy which is a government ruled by the people. Helots were peasants who were forced to live on the land that they worked on. One of the major things I learned about was the Persian Wars. These were wars between Greece and Persia. During this war Darius was the king of Persia. If I remember correctly, he collaborated with Hippias to get back at the Greeks. I am unsure if that took place in the Persian Wars or not but it is still a cool piece of information. I also learned about the Olympic Games. The history of it goes with Greek mythology. In this story, Zeus hurled a lightning bolt into an area in rural Greece. An altar was built there for Zeus. Buildings started to appear, and then it became known as Olympia, home of the Olympic Games. I think learning about the history of the Olympics was the coolest thing I learned in western civ today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exam prep

Test vs. No Test

Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, and Leonardo (artists, not Ninja Turtles)